We Believe that Christ came to earth for more than the salvation of our souls. He came to save every dimension of who we are! He seeks to recover our lost inheritance as children of God - our Imago Dei.
What We Believe
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He exists eternally in three personalities: the Faith, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There is one God in three persons.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Son of Man, fully God and fully Man – born of a virgin, perfect in His person and eternal in His being. He lived a sinless human live and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return to earth again to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make us aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation and provides Christians with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. We seek to live under His control daily.
- The Bible is God’s Word to all people, written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
- People are made in the spiritual image of God to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although people have tremendous potential for good, they are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called sin. This attitude separates people from God.
- Salvation is by grace, through faith. It is a gift from God to all people. We can never make up for our sins by self-improvement or good works. We are saved from sin’s penalty by trusting in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice as God’s offer of forgiveness. We show our faith publicly through baptism.
- Eternity is how long we were created to exist with God. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally with his is heaven. Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence.
- The church is the body of Christ on earth. It exists to communicate the good news of new life in Jesus Christ to the world, to teach his followers to obey his teachings, and to equip his followers for ministry. The church is made up of those who have placed their faith in Christ.
- Because of God’s grace, believers are freed to love as Christ loved, which should lead to a desire to respond to the pressing physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of others.